Learn to play music. Learn music easy
Facing Extinction, Orissa's Tribal Dulduli Music Seeks Revival
Dulduli, the traditional music of a tribal community here, was once very popular
and part of every celebration. But today, this form of music is facing extinction.
To revive this music a three-day music competition was recently organized in
Sohela area of Bargarh District.
Various music lovers and amateur singers took part in the music competition to
showcase their talent.
"Dulduli is the music of our Goddess. Earlier, we used to earn our livelihood
from this music but now our condition is very bad. We are not getting any support.
Many of the artistes have left this profession. We believe that this competition
will definitely revive our old traditional music," said Dharma Kumar, an artiste.
Popular among the tribal instrument used in Dulduli are the Dhol, Tasa, Mardal,
etc which have now suffered a jolt in the wake of modern music's rapidly growing
Earlier, there were more than 15,000 Dulduli played in the entire area. Due to
lack of support from the government and other developments, many Dulduli artistes
became jobless and gradually left the profession now only few are left.
"Once Dulduli music starts, people cannot stop their feet from dancing. This
is an old traditional music, which is vanishing day-by-day. To recall the originality
of the music and prevent it from extinction, we organized this competition," said
Sushant Mishra, Convenor, Dulduli Music competition.
"In olden times we celebrated Dulduli as a festival but now it is used as a competition.
The old traditional music has vanished for lack of support and to revive the old
tradition this completion is organized," said Trinath, another artiste.
Although, it is played for any kind of celebration but this Dulduli music is
specially played at the time of Dusshera. It is believed that playing Dulduli while
performing Puja pleases the Goddess. (ANI)
About Sunny Singh
Sunny Singh was born in Varanasi. She received her education in various parts
of India and the world.
She has worked as a journalist, teacher, and as a management executive for multinationals
in Mexico, Chile and South Africa. For the last four years, she has been writing
full-time. She is also a playwright. Her first play, Birthing Athena, focussed on
evolving relationships and the price of ambition in post-liberalisation India. The
Times of India described the play as "an intensely cathartic experience."
Her first novel, Nani's Book of Suicides, had been published by Harper Collins
Publishers India. Described by the Hindustan Times as a "first novel of rare scope
and power," the novel explores the cultural identity of an Indian woman through
a fund of myths, family lore and contemporary reality.
- Facing Extinction, Orissa's Tribal Dulduli Music Seeks Revival
- I really can teach you to play the piano using piano chords.
- There are thousands of reasons why you should learn enough chords to be
- Here is what you'll learn in the 10 day "Chord Piano" course:
- How to play piano
- What people are saying about "Chord Piano"
- Virtual Sheet MusicR - Classical Sheet Music
- Listen and play music online
- Music history articles
- General music articles
- Musician biographies
- Types of jazz music
- History of hip hop music
- Classical era chamber music and the romantic composers
- History of punk music in England: 1976-1981
- How to write great music
- A rock music quiz
- Today`s best music
- Music and theory: harmony, dissonance, and tonality
- What is the history of American music?
- Musical Instruments: history, how to play, clean and use
- The history of gospel music
- History of electronic music: - the early years
- Country music history
- Post-punk: an examination of the underground music movement
- History: American music
- How music affects your mood
- Music to affect mood
- Learn to read music and how to stay in time.
- Folk music of Pakistan
- What you should know about classical opera music
- Music censorship
- The music industry business: regulations and control
- What is Bossa Nova?
- Teaching music to handicapped kids
- Basic music theory
- Going out for a night to see your favorite band, performer or singer ca
- Music education curriculum in public schools
- Quality private music instruction
- How do you write music?
- Music theory lesson: time signatures
- Repair common music box problems
- The history of country music
- Determining artist royalties in the music industry
- Biographies: Movies, Music, TV
- Biography of Handel, his life and his music
- Schools & music education for elementary kids
- Layman`s guide to classical music terms
- How to create your own music performance contract
- Vocal chord anatomy and music
- CD data base: inventory your music
- Hindu music: a look at the three genres - part 1 thumri
- The Carter family: pioneer country music singers
- Classical to Romantic period music: composers biography
- Chris ledoux: lyric & country music star
- An introduction to the music of the modern orchestra
- Pop Music Biography: Introducing Hoku
- Music education and child development
- Les Paul, the musician and his music
- Metallica`s music still rocks
- How to get started (and make money) as an independent music publisher
- Road trips: designing the perfect music mix for a road trip with your boyf
- How to make a music box
- Music Guide: How to care for a guitar
- The four elements of music - melody, harmony, rhythm, and dynamics
- Music festivals in tennessee
- Teaching music to a child: developing music appreciation in young chi
- Natalie macmaster
- Aaron Copland - America s composer
- How to make your own music box from a kit
- African singers
- What effects does music have on the brain?
- Composer Biography: Igor stravinsky
- Franz Joseph Haydn biography
- Johann Sebastian Bach biography
- Consumer Guide: Used CD`s Online
- What is music therapy?
- American Music Biography: Marian Anderson
- Italian and English Madrigals of the 16th century
- MICHELLE SHOCKED
- A brief history of South African Rock
- How to monitor your child`s music listening
- How to learn guitar